Friday, January 29, 2010

Books on Sewing

Today, I feel like talking about sewing book. I've been searching for good sewing books for a long time.

Nyesal rasanya I didn't buy sewing books when I was in US 12 yrs ago. However I did bought my SINGER sewing machine from US, bought it at the SAM's CLUB  in 1997 and it cost us only USD 100 back then. It has 32 stitch functions and still working, till now. What an investment, uh.

I have quite a collection of sewing books written by local writers. However, all of the books are in Malay, and there are a lot of weird terms that I couldn't understand. Moreover the details and instructions are not properly written or guided, which made it difficult to follow, and in my opinions, they are kind of nak sorok ilmu gitu, not everything is mentioned. Then last 2 months, after I google on the internet, I ordered two books fr AMAZON. They are

1. High Fashion Sewing Secrets from the World's Best Designers: A Step-By-Step Guide to Sewing Stylish Seams, Buttonholes, Pockets, Collars, Hems, And More (Rodale Sewing Book)" 


2. Simplicity: Simply the Best Sewing Book

I love them, what a good buy, very detailed instructions and a lot of tips given on how to produce a good garment. Next time, would like to buy different books, hehe. Well, if we buy books, we can get total of RM1000 deductions for books purchase in our income tax..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to check our Tudung for Sale.

Assalamualaikum and Welcome

Sewing has always been my passion, and currently, i love to sew Tudung Jersi or Jersey Scarf type. Since I am doing an online business, what i offer here is a very high quality jersey, matching with high quality fabric awning. The fabric cloth is tested, very cool and comfortable to wear. If I like the pattern and the cloth quality, then only I will share and offer it here. Well, happy browsing, hope you like it, as much as I do.

Selected Testimonials

"Package dah sampai and my girls suka sgt. I'm impressed with the jersey's quality. Much better than my lycra's tudung. Thanks you so much. Will definitely recommend you to my friends.

Ramadhan mubarak." Sue Yusof, USA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails